Yesterday, I had a generation gap conversation with my mother.

• Another point of view is that Buzzfeed just saw a long article about the Millennium Generation. It concluded that the Millennium Generation has become a "burnout generation" because of the influence of education, social model and neoliberal economy. It often feels anxious, painful and loses interest in the world. Not necessarily, but it can be used as a reference.Web links

ForwardPlum and Plum SMSYesterday, I had a generation gap dialogue with my mother. (The tone is friendly, of course)
    I found a very serious problem, that is, my mother, a very liberal generation of intellectuals, fully respecting my life arrangements and choices, still can not understand the anxiety of our generation, that is, we (including many millennials in the United States and Europe) have no way to live a better life in the sense of our parents'generation.
    Although we have better material conditions, more advanced science and technology, and a broader horizon, there will be no second reform and opening up (just as there will be no second golden age in the United States). The opportunities and moods that belong to the whole society will no longer exist, which leads our generation to make choices, neither barefoot nor afraid to risk wearing shoes, nor can we reduce the expectations of seeking stability - whether it is work or life, there are too many stretches.

In my limited observation, it is true that our generation can not have as much happiness and security as the previous generation to support the construction of family and society. Many Millennium-based surveys abroad also support this less optimistic conclusion, such as the New York Times survey, which shows why the Millennium generation does not have children. Third, concerns about the overall economic situation, similar to global political situation, climate change and so on, have become reasons for the Millennials to evade family responsibilities. As for personal factors such as "no money" and "financial instability", a large part of them are also caused by the overall economic impact. In the United States, before the age of 30, the Millennium generation owns less than half of their parents'property. As for domestic housing prices, I need not say more.
    Of course, there are other reasons like changing ideas and gender equality, but the environment is changing, history is evolving, and each generation has its own worries. These are not simple "past experience" that can be recapitulated rashly. They are harder than individual choices and motivations.

I often think about whether I can understand the age of others or others, how to understand the plight and hope faced by each generation, and what these social conditions mean for personal choice. Sociology may be able to find the answer, but there are moments when it seems that maybe historians have been waiting for me on the top of the mountain for a long time.

扫二维码,关注微信。 扫二维码,关注微信公众号。Scan the QR code and add WeChat.

微信公众号:湾区乐生活

北京、上海、广州、深圳、武汉、长沙、珠海、佛山、汕头、东莞、中山、外贸、留学生

招聘、租房微信群

QQ群:湾区乐生活